- #welcome is the first room you see when you join our server. In here, you simply get a welcome message by our bot Mee6. That's it. This channel is not writable for normal users.
- #help-and-rules is where you go if you want more information about our rooms, roles, permissions and rules. In case you don't find what you were looking for here, feel free to ask any other community member, especially the moderators and admins will be happy to help you. This channel is also not writable for normal users.
- #related-servers We have reciprocal arrangements with some servers where we each provide a link to the other's server. Find the servers we link to in this channel.
- #news Relevant news around Ubuntu, general IT stuff and this server.
- #cmd-of-the-day Learn using the command-line one step a day.
- #the-orange-room is our general chat room. Its topic is to be off-topic, so you are encouraged to discuss whatever you like in there (as long as it is not in conflict with our community guidelines).
- #ubuntu-help is where you can seek Ubuntu related help.
- #other-help is the channel where your questions regarding other Linux distributions (maybe even MacOS and Windows) can be asked. Please note that we are focused on Ubuntu, which means we might not be able to help you that well with other systems.
- #gaming-dungeon is for the game lovers amongst us, where you can post all kinds of gaming related topics and questions! Steam, Wine, PlayOnLinux, graphics drivers, ...
- #coding-cave is for extended discussion of programming such as Bash, Sed, Python, C++, SQL or whatever language you like.
Just for fun
- #multimedia-box This is where we share music, videos, artwork, etc.
- #showroom Show off your desktop, wallpaper, themes, or hardware case by placing the pictures in here.
- #bot-playground hosts our resident bots with the exception of the music player commands which can be found in Voice Chat/ Music Player.
- #user-feedback We value user feedback, so we have a dedicated channel to provide feedback on existing features and discuss new ones.
Voice Chat/ Music Player
- #music-player-control Join the music lounge ♫ voice channel and control the bot from here.
- music lounge Join this channel to listen to music which is already playing, or join then set the bot to play your favorite jams using #music-player-control.
- water cooler From time to time it's nice to talk to other humans. We do that in this channel ;)
Roles and permissions
Everyone can post to:
Read-only access in:
- Admin represents omnipotent powers.
- Moderator represents deputised administrative powers.
We have a few channels which are only visible to the Admin/ Moderators. We’ll leave them to your imagination ;)
Members are welcome to change their own nickname as long as they stay within the rules and use latin character set and don’t use zalgo. We need to be able to type usernames in without added complexity.
@Mee6’s main task is to track member contributions by giving you a slightly random amount of experience points once in each minute you chat here. After defined steps of experience, you “level up” and get a message by it telling you that. Some levels unlock a role that gets assigned to your user automatically by the bot (for details see the section about roles and permissions). Other than that, the levels are just a nice indicator of your activity.
Commands for @Mee6 have
!as prefix. Post
!helpin the #bot-playground to see the list.
@Bender provides moderation functionality and a music player.
Commands for @Bender uses the
;helpin the #bot-playground to see the list. Bender homepage
@Tatsumaki«/span> can do many things and is currently mainly used for moderator logs.
Commands for @Tatsumaki have
?as prefix. Post
?helpin the #bot-playground to see the list.