- #rules-and-info Please read and follow our general rules and community policy.
- #announcements Relevant news around Ubuntu, general IT stuff and this server. If you have suggestions on what we could put in here, please mention it to a staff member.
- #server-links A list of partners and other servers with related topics
- #starboard React with :star: on messages anywhere - 5 stars will immortalize them here!
- #members Welcome and goodbye messages as well as level-up notifications
- #introductions 📌 CHECK THE PINNED MESSAGE! :pushpin: Tell us about yourself. All voluntarily. Please one message only, all replies and conversations go to #the-lounge instead.
- #server-feedback Feedback regarding Ubuntu Hideout
- #emoji-request Ok you scallywags. Suggest new emojis here.
- #mute-appeal ⚠️ If you see this channel, that means you were muted. You can talk to staff members about it here if you think it was not justified or you want clarification. Continuing any offense in here while being muted will result in a ban!
- #tech-talk Discussions related to Ubuntu, Linux, or other technology topics in general.
- #the-lounge Casual, off-topic chitter chatter. Please use #tech-talk for actual Linux/technology discussions. Keep it SFW and be nice :)
- #coding-cave Programming talk goes here. 😷 Join our [email protected] team (ID `237245`) to donate your idle computation power for SARS-CoV-2 research. See #announcements for details.
- #creative-studio Let's get creative and talk about making music, videos, podcasts, art and more.
- #gaming-dungeon Discussion related to gaming on Ubuntu or in general. Specific support questions should go to an appropriate help channel instead.
#Help and Support
- #help-general General support for linux topics that don't have a dedicated help channel. Just ask your question, don't ask to ask or wait for experts. Alternatively, try e.g. https://askubuntu.com/
- #help-system-installation Questions about installing the Ubuntu operating system on your computer as well as solving boot issues. (Not about installing applications).
- #help-desktop-environments Questions about desktop environment or window manager issues, creating desktop shortcuts, ricing etc.
- #help-software-installation Questions about managing software on your Ubuntu system, including installing and removing applications and packages of all formats and sources, using tools like apt, dpkg, snap, flatpak, compiling stuff from source, ...
- #help-disk-management Questions about everything storage related: partitioning, file systems, RAID, SMART health, cloning, ...
- #help-hardware-drivers Questions about hardware or driver issues, including graphics cards, bluetooth, wifi etc.
- #help-networking Questions about networking and security, from basic internet connectivity over configuring firewalls to more advanced setups.
- #help-server-software Questions about configuring and using server applications like ssh, remote desktop, web servers, database servers, etc.
- #help-programming Questions about writing programs and shell scripts. Please use code formatting for snippets (type "!code" to see how). General discussions about programming should go to #coding-cave instead.
- #help-non-ubuntu Questions about other distros that are not based on or related to Ubuntu, like Fedora, Arch, OpenSUSE or even Windows and MacOS.
- #help-software-recommendations Questions about what software might fit best for your use case. Make sure to describe what you need in detail. There is no "best" "one-fits-all" tool usually.
#The Rice Field
- #ricing-discussion All ricing and visual customization talk goes here. How can you configure this WM, which theme looks best, where can you find that icon, ... ?
- #wallpapers-themes 🌌 Share your wallpapers and other assets like icons and themes to make people's desktop look cool. Please respect copyrights and licenses.
- #showroom 🌾 Show off your customized desktop, hardware or office space. Pictures only, all related discussions go to #ricing-discussion, please. No NSFW!
#Just For Fun
- #humor Jokes, memes and other funny stuff. Only tasteful humor though, still no NSFW, gore, real life violence, racism etc. - all server rules apply!
- #music Share cool tunes with others. That one thing everybody needs to listen to. And this one, and those...
- #cute-and-wholesome Cute stuff, like pet pics, motivational pictures, anything to make you feel good (that isn't already covered by the other channels). No lewds.
- #other-media Share videos, artwork, etc. Please keep the discussion in general channels and show off your desktop in #showroom and post music in #music instead. No NSFW!
- #bot-playground Please use bots in here only, unless it contributes to a conversation. Disboard: `!d bump`, Member ranking: https://mee6.xyz/leaderboard/268162480369303554
- #silent-voice I have no mic, and I must scream... Use this to talk to people in voice chat if you don't have a microphone or need to share related content.
- #jukebox-control Music bot control center and related chat. See the pins for help. Command prefix is `$`.
- #general vc
- #gaming vc
- #help vc
- Admin represents omnipotent powers.
- Moderator represents deputised administrative powers.
- Guardian represents a member who has proven to contribute to the Ubuntu Hideout community and has been given limited deputised moderation powers.
We have a few channels which are only visible to the Admin/ Moderators. We’ll leave them to your imagination ;)
Members are welcome to change their own nickname as long as they stay within the rules and use latin character set and don’t use zalgo. We need to be able to type usernames in without added complexity.
@Mee6’s main task is to track member contributions by giving you a slightly random amount of experience points once in each minute you chat here. After defined steps of experience, you “level up” and get a message by it telling you that. Some levels unlock a role that gets assigned to your user automatically by the bot (for details see the section about roles and permissions). Other than that, the levels are just a nice indicator of your activity.
Commands for @Mee6 have
!as prefix. Post
!helpin the #bot-playground to see the list.
@Bender provides moderation functionality and a music player.
Commands for @Bender uses the
;helpin the #bot-playground to see the list. Bender homepage
@Tatsumaki can do many things and is currently mainly used for moderator logs.
Commands for @Tatsumaki have
?as prefix. Post
?helpin the #bot-playground to see the list.